Social Media Optimisation: Integrating social media and search strategy
Post Event Information
Panel Debrief Interview Video:
Please note that this event format was a panel discussion, below are supporting presentation slides, examples or interesting articles:
- Networx Blog Post: 'Social Media Optimisation' Panel Event Wrap-up
- Llew Jury's presentation slides (PDF)
- Edmund Pelgen's presentation slides (PDF)
- Article suggestion by Edmund Pelgen: 45 Resources on Google Search Plus Your World
- Good example of Pinterest use via Scott Esdalie: Tourism Australia's 'See Australia'
- Video to watch via Scott Esdaile that highlights the importance of optimising your social media campaigns and messages: 'Digital Junkie':
- Blog post by Reload Media: '8 Tips for Using Pinterest for Business'
- Blog post by Vivo Group: 'Social SEO Integrating Social Media and Search'
Invitation to attend our next event:
Follow attendee tweeps:
Event organisers: @NetworxEvents @IcebergEvents
Panellist: Llew Jury @reloada @reload_media
Panellist: Edmund Pelgen @edmundpelgen @traffika
Panellist: Scott Esdaile @scottesdaile @xcommedia
Panel Facillitator: Cat Matson @catmatson
MC: Lisa Ma @LisaMa_
Attendees: @7cookka, @ADACADPartners, @BeechOvens, @CARRS_Q, @DwayneBirtles, @LizBogdani, @MiaRedPR, @MktingResults, @OneDeepDesign, @PRPony, @RamsayJobs, @Signetaustralia, @SophAp, @TaybianDesign, @Whos_mitzi, @adviadigital, @aimeedoherty1, @alaryse, @ambrdextrous, @brandrally, @catmatson, @central_group, @danni_redpr, @designmontage, @eat247au, @edmundpelgen, @furnbagz, @gerinapier, @gibbled, @gjuidata, @harbren, @hettyjohnston, @icebergevents, @intelligentpw, @jimbojohnson, @jodieparker, @kathynickels, @kerr_alexandra, @kixup, @kolby84, @lane4aquatics, @lauren_redPR, @lifeatlucid, @lisama_, @littlebritten, @mealsonwheelsQ, @micropowergroup, @nathbush, @networxevents, @niccasb, @nigelheyn, @paulygoldston, @piyushkhera, @princess_chic, @rachael_09, @racqofficial, @ramsayhealth, @reload_media, @reloada, @ridefreemedia, @rivercitylabs, @rpdata, @scottesdaile, @sharmsdiddy, @solargoz, @solarguys, @sosarina, @takeaways_au, @tobeybower, @traffika, @vivogroup, @whoisdavidsteel, @xcommedia, @xxxxalehouse
Many brands and organisations developing digital strategies have moved beyond asking whether Twitter and Facebook presences are necessary.
Now the question is: We're using social media, so how do we make the most of it?
Our panel will discuss how integrating social media marketing and search engine optimisation strategies will increase your brand and web presence.
- What is 'social media optimisation' (SMO) and why should we care?
- Tips for planning your marketing strategy
- How to help your social pages rank better
- How to help your website rank better with social influences
- How to use your social networks effectively
- Trends such as Google+
- How SMO can assist in online reputation management
Who would benefit from attending:
- Business owners & directors
- Marketing and communication professionals
- Digital marketers
- Llew Jury, Managing Director, Reload Media, @reloada @reload_media
- Edmund Pelgen, Director of Search Engine Optimisation, Traffika @edmundpelgen @traffika
- Scott Esdaile, Digital Strategist, XCOM Media @scottesdaile @xcommedia
- Two night's accommodation at a Central Apartments and Hotels in Brisbane or Melbourne valued at $500, courtesy of Central Apartments and Hotels (flights/transfers not included)
- Each attendee receives a $5 Gift Certificate, courtesy of our Gift Sponsor Edible Blooms
- 1 x 32GB USB flashdrive, courtesy of our AV Partner Fairchild Multimedia
- 1 x Complimentary booth booking with a bottle of French Sparkling, courtesy of Cloudland
- One night’s accommodation in a Superior Suite and Continental breakfast for 2 in Armstrongs at the Inchcolm, a bottle of bubbly & chocolates on arrival & a midday checkout, courtesy of The Inchcolm Hotel
- 1 x Classic XXXX Brewery Tour for 2 adults valued at $50, courtesy of XXXX Alehouse. Each guest receives a voucher for an exclusive 25% off main meals (lunch only) at XXXX Alehouse.
- 1 x Double pass to Interactive Minds' event on 7 March: 'Video Marketing: Boost Your User Engagement'
- Exclusive discount to 21 March's Networx event 'Building Brand Equity'
- Best tweeter on the night wins a free ticket to the next Networx event 'Building Brand Equity' on 21 March (winner announced on Twitter day after event)
We want YOU to tweet about the event!
March Panel Chair: Llew JuryManaging Director, Reload Media
Llew Jury is the founder and Managing Director of Reload Media, one of Australia's leading digital marketing agencies. Based in Brisbane, Reload Media has 75 staff in 4 countries and partners with clients offering search engine marketing, content marketing, Google Adwords, digital strategy and social media marketing.
In 2014, Reload Media was awarded "Australia's Best Company for Customer Service" at the CSIA Awards. And in 2012 Llew was named Brisbane's Young Business Person of the Year at the Lord Mayor's Business Awards.
Llew writes a weekly technology column for Fairfax Media's Brisbane Times and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management. Llew sits of the AMDA QLD Executive and is a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Edmund PelgenDirector of Search Engine Optimisation, Traffika
Edmund is the Director of Search Engine Optimisation at Traffika, the digital agency of choice for high growth medium and large brands, famous for delivering outstanding results and a remarkable client experience.
Edmund is a former chartered accountant and has owned and operated a number of successful retail, hospitality and technology businesses and is currently the co owner of a number of successful Ecommerce businesses where he is able to test and implement new digital marketing strategies in the field.
He brings practical frontline experience to bear when delivering online results for a range of leading clients including Lorna Jane, Bond University, Sunsuper, and Wow Sight and Sound.
Traffika's focus is on helping our clients understand and take advantage of the data that exists around the marketing channel or platform they choose to take part in, whether that is SEO, social media, or paid search.
Traffika on Facebook | Traffika TV | Follow on Twitter: @traffika @edmundpelgen
Scott EsdaileDigital Strategist, XCOM
Scott Esdaile is a Copywriter and Digital Strategist at digital agency XCOM.
Over the years he has worked in a variety of digital creative, strategy and production roles on both client and agency sides, and loves the constantly evolving and expanding nature of today's advertising industry.
In his current role at XCOM and previous work with BCM, Scott has worked across integrated digital strategy, creative concept development, copywriting and social media management for a range of clients including Artline, Wine Selectors, Sunny Queen Eggs, Triumph, Tourism Queensland, QUT, Queensland Theatre Company, Origin Energy, Donut King, Parmalat and Wallace Bishop.
In his spare time, Scott performs with a range of jazz/funk bands around town and daydreams of gigging in New York.
Panel Chair: Cat MatsonChief Digital Officer, City of Brisbane
Cat Matson is Brisbane's Chief Digital Officer, overseeing the citywide Digital Brisbane strategy. Under the strategy, Cat is responsible for driving economic growth through digital adoption in the SME sector, strengthening the city's digital start-up ecosystem and facilitating Cyber City initiatives. Recently named as a rising female in the technology sector by the Sydney Morning Herald, Cat is considered an industry leader when it comes to the digital space, with a savvy business mind and a robust understanding of the wider business context.
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Audio Visual Partner
Video Marketing Partner
Print & Promotional Marketing Partner
Digital Agency Partner
Digital Marketing Partner