Content Strategy - create & develop engaging online content
Post Event Information:
- Videos shown at the event have been added above under the heading 'Videos'. Please note that some of the videos may not make as much sense to you if you were not present at the event!
- Photos from the event can be seen above under the heading 'Photos'. You can also see the event photos on our Facebook Page.
- Blog post by Reload Media: What Is A Content Strategy And Why You Need One [VIDEO]
- Condescending Corporate Brand Page's Facebook Page as mentioned by Scott Esdaile at the event
- Event Review by The Fetch (Nicole Jensen and Amilia Cunningham, Brisbane Ambassadors)
- Networx TV: Panel Debrief Interview with Cat Matson interviewing Networx Speakers, Emma Crostin, Iain Calvert and Scott Esdaile
Emma Croston, Digital Director, News Queensland
00:17 What are some of the emerging trends with content strategy?
00:50 What is an integrated content solution?
Iain Calvert, Strategy Director, Reload Media
01:50 How do we use content in a really good robust content marketing strategy?
02:36 How important is content from a search perspective?
Scott Esdaile, Digital Strategist, Publicis Mojo
03:26 How do we use consumer insight to formulate a content strategy?
03:52 How do we get our content shared?
Is your branded content failing? Are people not sharing your online posts? Great online content should reflect your brand and give people a reason to stay engaged. Our panel will discuss tips on how to get a killer content marketing strategy.
Who would benefit from attending:
Marketing, digital, creative and communication professionals, anybody who wants leads through their website
Our panel will discuss:
- What is 'content' and why you need a content strategy
- Tips on creating rich, 'shareable' & engaging content
- How having an effective online strategy can improve your search rankings
- How to make content relevant to your brand (B2B & B2C)
- Trends in content
- Case studies
- Scott Esdaile, Digital Strategist, Publicis Mojo @scottesdaile
- Iain Calvert, Strategy Director, Reload Media @reload_media
- Emma Croston, Digital Director, News Queensland @ThinkinDigital
- HOTEL URBAN'S SEPARATE PRIZE DRAW: One night's accommodation in Urban Superior Balcony Suite at a Hotel Urban (your choice of Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney properties) together with a Continental Breakfast for 2
- HOTEL URBAN'S SEPARATE PRIZE DRAW: $50 Gift Voucher to Hotel Urban Brisbane's Gazebo Bar & Restaurant
- Double Pass to Zombatland on Thursday, 11 October 2012 at Brisbane Powerhouse. The hilariously inventive Suitcase Royale are back, bringing you another masterfully-mad tale from the dusty-plains of the Australian outback. EACH GUEST RECEIVES a $10 off discount flyer (tickets then only $20)!
- 1 x Pantone Chip Postcards Box, courtesy of our Print & Promotional Marketing Partner, DPMA
- 7 x ADMIT TWO Movie Passes to On the Road, Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries). Only at the Movies from Sep 27. The pass is valid at all participating cinemas from Thurs 29 Sept & throughout the season. EACH GUEST RECEIVES a Buy One Get One Free.
- 1 x 32GB USB flashdrive, courtesy of AV Partner Fairchild Multimedia
- One night’s accommodation in a Superior Suite, a bottle of bubbly & chocolates on arrival, and Continental breakfast for 2 in Epicurean Restaurant Bistro & Bar, courtesy of The Inchcolm Hotel
- 1 x Double pass to Interactive Minds' October event
- 35% off iStrategy Conference for Networx - Get digital marketing insights from leading brands like Facebook, McDonalds, Telstra, Samsung, Woolworths, Spotify, Suncorp, Harvey Normal and many more at the two day conference 22 & 23 November, 2012. Use promo code HEM35 before 28 September 2012 to get 35% off full conference registration.
- EACH GUEST RECEIVES an exclusive discount to Networx's October event
We want YOU to tweet about the event!
Scott EsdaileDigital Strategist, Publicis Mojo
Over the last 10 years Scott Esdaile has worked in a variety of digital creative, strategy and production roles on both client and agency sides, and is excited by the constantly evolving and expanding nature of today's advertising industry.
He likes to understand how people interact with brands in this digital age, and then come up with creative ideas and concepts that inspire action both online and offline.
That said, while he lives and breathes all things digital and social media, Scott also enjoys living in the real world: including taking photos, playing sax in jazz/funk bands around town and reading paper books. How analogue.
Follow on Twitter: @scottesdaile
Iain CalvertStrategy Director, Reload Media
Iain Calvert is the Strategy Director at Brisbane based Reload Media. His speciality is in SEO, although he has worked across all the major online marketing channels including SEM, EDM & Social.
Before moving to the warmer climates of Brisbane in 2011 to join the Reload team, he was an E Commerce Manager for Billabong in the UK. He currently works with a wide variety of companies and brands from local plumbers to national insurance companies, like Allianz Global Assistance.
Emma CrostonDigital Director, News Queensland
Emma Croston joined News Queensland as Digital Director in November 2010, with responsibilities for the Queensland digital business strategy including; web, mobile, applications, new product development, digital revenue and marketing.
She began her career at Quest Newspapers as an advertising cadet, and have subsequently worked in various senior marketing roles in Townsville and Brisbane - previously as the Director of Marketing at the AOT Group, a travel company which owns brands such as Sunlover Holidays.
She has extensive experience in digital marketing, online systems, mobile platforms and consumer loyalty programs.
Follow on Twitter: @ThinkinDigital
Facilitator: Cat MatsonSpeaker, MC & Marketer
Cat has a high profile in the Brisbane business and marketing scene. A savvy Marketing Strategist, Speaker and Facilitator, Cat brings over 15 years of small business experience and more importantly, empathy, with the needs of business owners and their teams. As MC and conference facilitator Cat synthesises the concepts presented by other speakers whilst still leaving ‘space’ for attendees to draw their own insights. She loves the juicy conversations that happen amongst a panel of experts and practitioners and the ‘light-bulb’ moments that occur when people learn through hearing others’ stories. As a key-note session speaker, Cat delivers contextually relevant, practical insights with sufficient flexibility for participants to ‘choose-their-own-adventure’ through open questions and facilitated discussions.
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Audio Visual Partner
Video Marketing Partner
Print & Promotional Marketing Partner
Digital Agency Partner
Digital Marketing Partner