Mobile Marketing in the Mix
Photos: Event photos on Facebook (tag yourself!)
Interview video: 'Mobile Marketing in the Mix' - Networx Panel Speakers Interview
View the speaker interview video:
Nearly half of Australians own a mobile phone with internet capability… and they're using them to access mobile banking, shopping, maps, news and much, much more. The question is - how do YOU reach those users as a savvy mobile marketer?
The explosion in usage of smart phones is making mobile a richer media landscape, though it can present challenges for marketers wishing to effectively reach their target audience through the mobile channel.
This panel discussion will give insights for marketers to become familiar with how it is best used to communicate with their customers and prospects using mobile platforms.
- Planning your mobile marketing strategy
- Mobile friendly sites and data capture
- How apps can transform your business
- Quick Response codes, mobile advertising, mobile search, promotions and competitions
- SMS and email - reaching people on the move
Who would benefit from attending:
- Business owners & directors
- Marketing and communication professionals
- Digital marketers
- Dale Rankine, Head of Mobile and Devices, Speedwell eBusiness Solutions @dalerankine
- Chris Daley, Product Development Manager, Mnet Group @mnetgroup
- Mikey Hallman, Technology Director, Misfit Mobile @misfitmobile
- Panel Facilitator: Cat Matson, Business CATalyst, Alito @catmatson
- More about the speakers | Submit a question
- 1 x 16G USB flashdrive, courtesy of Fairchild Multimedia
- Double 5-film pass to Alfred Hitchcock: A Retrospective and hardcover book about Alfred Hitchcock. Alfred Hitchcock: A Retrospective - 56 films and 17 television episodes from the master of suspense - until 27 November 2011 in Cinema at GoMA. Hitchcock Lounge – Fridays from 5.30pm: Each Friday night enjoy cocktails, a light supper and live music entertainment responding to Hitchcock’s most celebrated films in the cinema foyer lounge.
- One night’s accommodation in a Deluxe Suite and Continental breakfast for 2 in Seasalt at Armstrongs, a bottle of bubbly & chocolates on arrival & a midday checkout, courtesy of The Inchcolm Hotel
- $100 Hair Voucher courtesy of GW Private Room, hair salon in Festival Towers, Brisbane City (National Award Best Hairdresser: Winner 08/09, Runner-Up 10/11)
- $50 Beauty Voucher courtesy of GW Private Room, hair salon in Festival Towers, Brisbane City (National Award Best Hairdresser: Winner 08/09, Runner-Up 10/11)
- Each attendee will receive a $80 Cash Voucher for hair and/or beauty services for new clients courtesy of GW Private Room
- Each attendee wil receive $10 off your next Edible Blooms order (promo code in your tote bag)
Remember your business cards!
We want YOU to tweet about the event!
No. of tickets remaining: 5
Dale RankineHead of Mobile and Devices, Speedwell eBusiness Solutions
Having recently taken on the role as Head of Mobile and Devices at Speedwell eBusiness Solutions after working for Vodafone Australia and in his own companies, Dale Rankine continues to be at the forefront of the mobile and digital landscape in Australia. For over 13 years, Dale has been a leader, entrepreneur and strategist in the ares of digital media, platform evangelism, online and mobile product development, design and user experience. He has been a presenter and trainer at events here and around the world for organisations such as Adobe, Nokia and AIMIA, and is highly regarded for his knowledge, experience and engaging style. His work has led him to collaborate and partner with global companies and brands such as MTV, Paramount Pictures, Hutchison Telecoms, Sony Ericsson, Warner Bros., Fairfax and Lexus.
At Speedwell, Dale is responsible for strategy and business development in the rapidly growing mobile and connected device market. Speedwell have launched several high-profile and successful applications, including those for Dominos Pizza, Mondial Insurance and The Ekka, and are quickly becoming one of the premier mobile solution providers in Australia.
Chris DaleyProduct Development Manager, Mnet Group
As principal user experience designer and strategist for Mnet Group, Chris helps companies to deliver their products and services on mobile. He has designed mobile websites and applications for the likes of the NRL, Telstra and Vodafone and loves the challenge of turning complexity into simple and effective mobile experience.
Chris sees mobile as “the internet let loose in the real world”; a change that is now propelling us towards “a digital mainstream”. Chris’s obsession for mobile started during his 5 years at MTV International, delivering SMS and ‘convergence’ show formats for the multinational television network before his move in 2005 to Brisbane’s Mercury Mobility, now Mnet Group. Founded in 2001, the company has pioneered mobile marketing and mobile solutions in Australia and North America. Today it delivers over 100 mobile websites and applications each year for companies like HTC, FoxSports and Yahoo! and over 500 campaigns a year; employing SMS, rich media, QR codes and coupons.
Mikey HallmanTechnology Director, Misfit Mobile
Mikey is the Technology Director of Misfit Mobile. His passion for technology goes back twenty years, with over ten in mobile. He loves finding new ways technology can be used to improve a business. With an understanding of business and technology, he fuses the two together.
Misfit Mobile is a new company that focuses on mobile - from strategy to implementation. Misfit offers SMS and Mobile Internet tools that allow businesses to communicate cost effectively with their customers. By combining technology from several vendors Misfit can rapidly deploy new services across the thousands of different handsets in use today.
Mikey's experience includes five years as Research and Development manager at Mercury Mobility, where he worked closely with several Australian carriers. During this time he introduced multiple products to the carrier's mobile customers. Since then he has co-founded and sold Rippamedia, a company that developed a commercial music player which included "SMS Jukebox". This technology allowed pubs to have a virtual jukebox which made use of SMS and other mobile technology.
Follow on Twitter: @misfitmobile
Facilitator: Cat MatsonSpeaker, MC & Marketer
Cat has a high profile in the Brisbane business and marketing scene. A savvy Marketing Strategist, Speaker and Facilitator, Cat brings over 15 years of small business experience and more importantly, empathy, with the needs of business owners and their teams. As MC and conference facilitator Cat synthesises the concepts presented by other speakers whilst still leaving ‘space’ for attendees to draw their own insights. She loves the juicy conversations that happen amongst a panel of experts and practitioners and the ‘light-bulb’ moments that occur when people learn through hearing others’ stories. As a key-note session speaker, Cat delivers contextually relevant, practical insights with sufficient flexibility for participants to ‘choose-their-own-adventure’ through open questions and facilitated discussions.
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Audio Visual Partner
Promotional Marketing Partner
Video Marketing Partner
Digital Agency Partner
Digital Marketing Partner