Click on the below questions to be taken to the answers:
- What are Networx Marketers Meetings events?
- Who comes along to Networx events?
- What is the format of a NETWORX evening event?
- What is the dress code?
- What are the Booking Terms and Conditions?
- How do I book my ticket/s?
- How do I book more than one person online?
- What are the payment options when buying tickets?
- What happens after I've booked my ticket/s?
- What happens to my details once I give them to Networx?
- What is the difference between Iceberg Events and Networx Marketers Meetings - Brisbane?
- What is the difference between Networx Sydney and Networx Brisbane?
- What is the cancellation / substitution / refund policy?
- Can I transfer my tickets to another event?
- Can I make a suggestion regarding speakers, venues or topics?
- How can I sponsor Networx?
- How can I support Networx?
What are Networx events?
Networx Marketers Meetings delivers educational and inspirational business events to people in business. Launched in 1999 by founder Kimberley Palmer, Networx was an answer to a lack of affordable and relevant networking opportunities that was perceived for motivated, successful people in the developing stages of their career.
For attendees, Networx is a fun way to meet other professional people and hear from - and perhaps be inspired by - speakers covering a broad range of business related topics. For sponsors, Networx offers a unique way to tap into a market of motivated professionals. Built on an opt-in model, with people being referred by others they know, this group is highly responsive to the Networx and those that support the group.
Who comes along to Networx events?
Any person in:
- Marketing & Communications (any industry, and position)
- Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
- Digital & Creative
What is the format of a NETWORX evening event?
A typical format for the evening is:
6.00pm Guests arrival/Registration - please collect name badge, drop in business card for prize draw, and enjoy drinks and finger food.
6.25pm Welcome by MC and Networking Game.
6.40pm Everyone to take their seats
6.45pm Prize Draw
7.00pm Panel Discussion/Speaker Presentation with Question Time
8.00pm Official Function Close
Please note the above format is general and is subject to change.
Please remember your business cards for the prize draw and you will of course meet new people!
What is the dress code?
Dress code is Smart Dress/Business Casual. Our events are professional yet relaxed, we do not require you to wear a suit or tie.
What are the Booking Terms and Conditions?
- Make sure you are booking for the correct event. We do not transfer tickets if you have booked for the wrong topic/date or city.
- Make sure you have read & understand the Cancellation / Substitution / Refund Policy.
- We do not transfer tickets to another event, or to another location. If you can no longer attend, you are welcome to send a substitute, please advise us their details as soon as possible. Please check the location of the event you're booking because tickets are not transferable to another city, in any circumstances.
- Make sure Special Dietary Requirements are advised if relevant to you or your guests.
- Photographs and video may be taken of you or your guests during the event. Networx has the right to use the photographs and video on the web and for any promotional/marketing purposes. Photographs and video remain the property of the Photographer, Video Producer & Networx Marketers Meetings.
- Networx does not like spammers. Please respect other attendee's privacy. Whilst guests of the evening like to get in contact with people whome they've met on the night, if you have been spammed, please let Networx know immediately.
- Alcoholic beverages are served at Networx events. You must be over 18 years of age when attending. We strongly support responsible consumption of alcohol. Intoxicated guests will be asked to leave.
- Networx events can be fun and enjoyable, but they are still a business event and we expect all attendees to behave in a professional and mature manner at all times. Inappropriate behaviour and conduct at events is not acceptable.
How do I book my ticket/s?
- You do not have to, but you can login using your Facebook or Twitter account details. Or you can set up your own registration details.
- Go to the Events & Ticketing page and select the event you wish to attend. Please check that you are booking the correct event & location as we do not transfer tickets. Ensure you've read the Booking Terms and Conditions and agree before booking.
- Click the Book Now button and you will be directed to the ticket booking form.
- Select the number of people attending.
- Attendee #1 can be yourself - or another person if you're booking on their behalf. Ensure you've got the correct Name, Position, Organisation and Email address for all attendees.
- You can Add Attendees (including yourself) in 2 ways:
- 1. Click on Enter Details: You manually enter the details.
- 2. Click on Facebook: Your whole Facebook friends list comes up.
- You can Edit or Remove attendees if required.
- The tax invoice will be emailed to the Attendee #1's email address. If you require the tax invoice/receipt to be sent to another person other than Attendee #1, tick 'Send copy of invoice' and enter the email address.
- Make Payment by credit card (Mastercard / Visa / American Express), direct deposit or cheque, or Request a Tax Invoice.
- An automatically-generated confirmation email will be sent to all Attendees.
- All booked (and paid) attendees can view the full Attendance List.
Click here to find out what happens after you've booked your ticket/s.
Can I book more than one person online?
Yes, please provide their details! Please provide their Name, Position, Oganisation and Email details for correspondence and name badges. Please advise as soon as possible if details change, or another person is substituting a booked attendee.
What are the payment methods when buying tickets?
Pre-registration & pre-payment before an event is essential. The preferred method is to book your event tickets online and pay by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express). It is easy to book on another person's behalf if required. We do not charge credit fees. A receipt will be emailed to you after payment is processed successfully.
If you wish to pay by Direct Deposit or Cheque, a tax invoice can be requested. Other payment methods include:
- Cheque: To be made payable to Iceberg Events
- Direct Deposit:
Account Name: Iceberg Events
Bank: Suncorp BSB: 484799
Account Number: 201007319
Please put "networx" and the Invoice Id in the reference field. Once completed, please email a payment confirmation so a receipt can be issued.
Please note, payment prior to the event is essential. If you have not paid prior to the event and you cancel on the day of the event, or do not show up, you will still be liable as we would have confirmed your attendance.
What happens after I've booked my ticket/s?
When you book online, a tax invoice will appear on the webpage after your payment has been processed. It will also be emailed to the nominated email address, or account holder if logged in. Please print this off for your records, or forward to your accounts person.
A confirmation email will also be emailed to each Attendee.
Booked (and paid) attendees who are logged in can view the full list of people attending. Please respect people's privacy and do not spam.
What happens to my details once I give them to Networx?
Your contact details remain in the hands of Networx so that we can send you future email updates. We do not sell or pass on your details to any third party.
Click here to view our full Privacy Statement.
What is the difference between Iceberg Events and Networx Marketers Meetings - Brisbane?
Networx Marketers Meetings - Brisbane are managed by Iceberg Events, a Brisbane-based conference and events management company. For more information, please visit: www.icebergevents.com.au.
Please note that Brisbane and Sydney events are managed separately. When booking, please make sure you book for the correct location as ticket transfers between each city may not be possible.
What is the difference between Networx Sydney and Networx Brisbane?
Whilst we share the same umbrelal brand of Networx Marketers Meetings, the organisations that manage Networx Sydney and Networx Brisbane are separate entitites.
Networx Brisbane is managed by Icebeg Events, a Brisbane-based conference and events management company. ABN 84 084 581 153
Networx Sydney is managed by Double Edge PR, a Sydney-based PR firm. ABN 45 060 187 822
So when booking tickets, you must check the location carefully. Accidentally booking a ticket for an event in the wrong city doesn't allow you to 'transfer' the ticket to the correct city.
What is the cancellation / substitution / refund policy?
3 or more business day prior to an event: 3 business days notice required for refunds. Please give written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will incur a $5 administration fee.
Less than 3 business days prior to an event: If unable to attend, a substitute is welcome, please advise their details as soon as possible. Tickets are not transferable to another event.
If you have not paid for your ticket prior to the event: In the instance that you have booked your ticket(s) and not paid prior to the event, you are still liable to pay for the ticket(s) if you attend or not. You will be emailed an outstanding Tax Invoice prior to the event, and post event if it has still not been paid. If you know you are unable to attend, please put your cancellation in writing 3 or more business days prior to the event for a refund less admin fee. Please ensure that we have replied to you so that you know it has been received.
Can I transfer my tickets to another person, or another event?
You are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please let us know their details as soon as possible); however, we do not allow tickets to be transferred to another event. Tickets are also not transferable to another city (eg. if you've booked for a Sydney event, it is not transferable to an event in Brisbane).
Can I make a suggestion regarding speakers, venues or topics?
We'd love you to! Please send us an email with your suggestions.
What we look for:
Speakers: Engaging, interesting and entertaining. Happy to share information, ideas and experiences with like-minded people. Networx do not pay for speakers.
Venues: Funky or unique. Happy to have a group of professionals in business, marketing and communications. Venues that can handle a stand-up networking drinks part and then a sit-down area with theatre-style seating. Networx events can 80-120 attendees depending on the venue's capacity.
Topics: Networx has standard topics that cover marketing and communications, digital and creative, but we are also after suggestions that may affect these industries.
How can I sponsor/support Networx?
There are various sponsorship opportunities available:
- Venue Sponsors
To discuss these opportunities, please contact us.
How can I support Networx?
You may know of people in the following categories that would be interested in us:
- Marketing & Communications (any industry, and position)
- Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
You can support Networx Marketers Meetings (and grow your network) by referring/joining us via:
- Explore our Website: www.networxevents.com.au
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/networxevents
- Tweet about Networx: #Networx
- Join our Facebook Fan Page - Networx Marketers Meetings
- Follow us on our Networx Brisbane Group on LinkedIn
- Join the mailing list to receive email updates