Why Choose Networx
Networx Marketers Meetings is all about... information, introductions and inspiration.
These events offer:
- Great format - networking opportunity over food & drinks and then informative panel discussion or presentation.
- Fantastic networking opportunities - we know how hard it can be to meet new business contacts so we make it easy by providing an attendance list (name and company - no contact details of course!), and facilitate a networking game to break the ice and get the room moving.
- Relevant topics and speakers - be inspired and informed by relevant topics covering business-related areas of marketing and communications. We look for speakers who are walking the talk and are not afraid to share their opinions and experiences.
- Relaxed and professional - we strive to create an atmosphere where you can be comfortable meeting new business contacts.
- Great contacts - while events were originally targeted at younger people (under 35) working in marketing, advertising, PR and sales, the appeal of the speakers and attendees has broadened the group. The group now includes many entrepreneurs and business owners and people who are attracted by particular speaker topics, who represent a diverse range of careers, from law to film making. What Networx attendees have in common are their openness, enthusiasm and keen interest in learning more about their industry and profession – or simply in taking the opportunity to meet potential friends and business contacts.
What do our events look like?
Check out this video:
Networx Brisbane delivers informative and inspirational networking seminar events to people in business, marketing, communication, PR, creative and digital whilst showcasing various funky, unique venues across Brisbane. Our events kick off at 6.00pm, with networking opportunities over drinks and finger food until 6.30pm when the panel discussion or presentation commence. We aim to wrap up by 8.00pm. Upcoming events to check out
Networx events are a great way to stay in touch with the latest news in marketing and PR, particularly in the online world. We very much enjoy attending these events to learn and then pass on to our colleagues who were unable to attend.
Danielle Trewin, PR Executive, Red PR
I always love the chance to meet contacts from an array of different organisations and the opportunity to learn from their experiences.
Aimee Doherty, Digital Sales Manager, Reload Media
Fun and casual knowledge sharing, which helps to bring marketers together from all types of businesses.
Belinda Roberts, Account Coordinator, Liquid Interactive
I love that I can meet like-minded, interesting people, willing to share their information and experience. I also love the combination of information + plenty of networking opportunities... I always walk away with great new contacts from Networx events and great new ideas.
Cat Matson, Business CATalyst
Networx is the "warm call" of networking. The last thing anyone in business wants to do is sit around a large table and hope to achieve valuable professional relationships with someone by throwing ten cards around a table. Networx is a fun, casual but professional way to establish profitable long lasting relationships and on top of that, we get to go to great locations, eat great food, win fantastic prizes and listen to fabulous speakers. Networx is everything you want from a networking event tied up in one informative package. Good job!
Natalie Johnson, Recruitment Consultant, Aspire Recruitment
Networx events are appropriately informal. They duly make the assumption that its attendees know how to mingle and benefit from the occasion without too much formalisation. It makes for a fun and relaxed experience.
Indy Davies, Junior Account Executive, Niche Studio
The events are well organised, relaxed and very informative. Great place to meet like minded people and discuss work concepts.
Teresa Burrows, Manager, Bargain Wheels
Relaxed, but with a good structure to encourage meeting new people, no clique-iness.
Mel Kettle, Director, Mel Kettle Consulting
I like the relaxed networking over a few drinks, then moving on to the structured section. I felt that the attendees are all serious business people who are keen to learn and share their knowledge.
Will Swayne, Director, Marketing Results
Being my first Networx Networking Event, I found the co-ordinators to be friendly, helpful and directive not to mention the venue a stylish and comfortable one. I will be visiting a Networx event again and would recommend anyone interesting in networking to attend.
Andrew Knight, SEO Consultant, Reload Media
I found the event very engaging and informative and relevant. Many networking seminars and presentations I attend have common sense things that most people already know.
Penny Limbach, Marketing Manager, Tangalooma Island Resort
The best thing is that its casual. The people who go are friendly and down to earth. Its nice to know different people locally. Its interesting to hear other people's points of view.
Roland Quast, Director, EB Strada
The are fun, interactive and educational. Definite value for money.
Heidi Merchant, Business Development Manager, Central Venues
I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Attendees were able to ask questions when they pleased, guest speakers were very laid back and explained topics clearly (and in simple terms for us non techy people) and the Iceberg Events team made it more of a fun atmosphere. A+
Courteney Brant, Marketing Assistant, Pro Plaster Products
From start to end, Networx made sure everyone felt comfortable and at ease. The networking game was fun but not too intense. I liked the way that networking and the seminar were in different locations.
Danielle Cullen, Managing Director, Elia Tours
Relaxed atmosphere and the opportunity to actually network with others from various industries and marketing backgrounds.